Construction and Relocation of Office and Laboratory Facility
SCA Cool Logistics required a modern office and warehouse facility to accommodate their expanding business. The warehouse space required would be for storage and distribution with additional space to create a modern laboratory.
The client’s existing premises were deemed to be insufficient as the office accommodation was too small and the laboratory was poorly laid out. As such the new premises needed to be large enough to accommodate a self contained laboratory whilst also providing sufficient warehouse storage space.
The client’s aspirations of the new facility were that it needed to be of a modern style which would create a new corporate image for the company and could be a showpiece facility to show to new clients to boost marketing.
Trilogie CRE’s Role
1. Site Search and Acquisition
SCA Cool Logistics had been offered significantly less favourable terms by their existing Landlord for a new building in the vicinity.
Trilogie advised SCA Cool Logistics on the suitability of these lease terms, identified other, more favourable options, in and around Leighton Buzzard (a limited level of stock) and negotiated a flexible lease on highly competitive terms enabling the client to move into refurbished accommodation at an equivalent rental which provided an additional circa 40,000 sq.ft. for the same rent as had previously been proposed.
This negotiated lease featured in the national property industry press.
2. Scheme Design and Project management
The property that was selected required significant building works to ensure it met the full requirements of the client. The works included: -
- Erection of a 6500sq ft two storey office suite within the existing warehouse with new curtain walling to the main external elevation.
- Erection of a 6000 sq ft laboratory within the existing warehouse with new curtain walling to the main external elevation.
- Creation of new car park to serve the new office accommodation.
Trilogie CRE’s Design and Project Management team provided a full turn key solution for the project which included development of the clients brief, preparation of detailed designs, submission of planning application and Building Regulations through to the project management of the works on site as well as providing or procuring the following activities:-
- Space planning and design concept briefings
- Provision of Budgets and Cost Plans
- Detailed Design and Specification
- Submitting and obtaining Statutory Approvals including Planning Permission.
- Preparation of Tender Document and managing the tender process.
- Review of tenders and advising client on contractor appointment.
- Managing Specialist Consultants
- Securing Landlord’s licence for the works
- Cost control throughout.
- Project management
- Quality control
- CDM and health and safety compliance
- Fit out management
The client has been delighted with the project as it achieved all of their initial aspirations for the new facility. The project was delivered on time and on budget and it has enabled the client to grow their business considerably within the last year.
For further information: