Refurbishment and Relocation Management
Clients of Trilogie occupied a 1960’s seven storey office building in Thornton Heath on which the lease was ending. They identified the need to move to a stand alone office building close to the Southern sector of the M25, capable of accommodating 250+ staff.
The premises had to be self contained and capable of client branding.
Good rail and road access was a requirement together with easy access to local facilities such as banks, restaurants etc.
Trilogie CRE’s Role
1. Trilogie undertook market searches to identify suitable buildings and negotiated the terms for the new lease on the preferred property comprising 46,780 sq ft. The current lessee was only marketing part of the building but a 3 way transaction was negotiated to:
a) Induce the current lessee to relinquish the whole building.
b) Agree a lease extension to the current lease with the ultimate freeholder, a pension fund; and
c) Provide our client with a cash premium to take over full control of the premises.
2. Trilogie’s Project Management team then, managed all aspects of the project and relocation, from taking and developing the client’s original brief, recruiting and commissioning the design team and main contractor as well as providing or procuring the following activities:-
- Space planning and design concept briefings
- Provision of Cost Plan Budget
- Co-ordinating the Design Team and Contractor
- Securing landlord’s licence for the works
- Cost control.
- Project Management and quality control
- CDM Compliance
- Building Regulation Compliance
- Fit out and furnishing management
- Move Management
As a result of the involvement with the fitting out works, Trilogie also provided the client with Move Management to deal with the intricacies and logistics of moving staff from 2 locations over 3 weekends to enable them to be functioning within a day (+ the weekend) of shutting down.
The client achieved the move dates originally set out. The move was completed faultlessly and to the client’s satisfaction. Staff in the new location are enjoying a significantly improved working environment.
For further information: